Thursday 16 April 2015

Barcelona

Hi everyone,

I'm so sorry that I didn't post yesterday afternoon, it's been a bit stressful in the household and people haven't been well.

Anyways, I got back from barcelona on Monday and wow what a city! It was so beautiful I could've cried! 

We walked all the way to the port and the beach on the first day we got there and had tapas and a bottle of red wine in the sunshine and I knew the long weekend was going to be perfect. I did get a bit tipsy so we got a taxi back to the hotel, went to the supermarket for water and got some pastries to have in the room. We were so tired from travelling we thought it was best to have an early night.

Saturday morning came before we knew it and we headed to the sagrada familia, it was exceptional. The best church I have ever seen! The interior was just as amazing as the outside and it did bring a tear to my eye. The only thing I wish was that you could see more, they're still working on a lot of it so areas are covered and cordoned off. We went up the nativity tower and I didn't realise I hated heights as much... The staircase coming down is a spiral with no banister in the middle! Once we got down we got on the city tour bus and explored the  Orange route (I think that was the east side) where camp nou is and the Olympic stadium. 

Sunday we got up at our leisure and returned to the little pastry shop outside sagrada familia as it was cheap and beautiful! I can't remember what it was called though :( we got on the open top bus and did the green route taking us to park guell, where we spent the majority of the day exploring and catching the sunshine, as it was 26 degrees! Once we had finished in there we returned to Avenida Diagonal and went to our favourite cafe, Cafe Berlin, and enjoyed a baileys and nachos! Once the sun went down we went back to the room got changed and headed to the best tapas place I've ever been to, bar El Velodromo, wow! The wine and food went Down far too well along with the conversation with my mama and before we knew it it was time for bed ready to travel home on Monday!

It was a truely exceptional experience and I would do it all again!

Have you been to Barcelona? If so what did you like about it? 

Love
Bethanylouise xx

No comments:

Post a Comment