Wednesday 29 April 2015

Stepping Outside Your Comfort Zone

Hi Everyone,

For about 4 years I wondered what it would be like if I started a blog or a Youtube... and for those 4 years that is all I did, wondered. I never thought lets try it and see what happens, I thought I will never be good at it... what have I got that someone else hasn't? I will just fail and everyone will laugh.

I want to try and help at least one person out there get over this fear. The fear of the world and the fear of people judging you and making comments you don't want.

I struggled for so long with an intense tightening in my stomach when I was attempting to do something I had never done before. Most of the time I would just give up and not carry on. I didn't want to, but it was like my body couldn't push itself to do things that it didn't know the outcome to. 9 times out of 10 it would be because I was scared of what others would think. Scared I would get bullied for what I was doing and maybe even get hurt.

A few weeks back I told you all the story of me getting beaten up by a so called friend and that leads to me having some kind of panic attack. That same story is the reason I didn't want to do a blog or a Youtube... because I was frightened that them girls might come back and do the same things.. or that I would be faced with a similar situation..... that is no way to live your life. I am going to be completely honest and say yeah... blogging still scares the crap out of me and so does Youtube... but I am turning that fear into my driving force. Why shouldn't I do what I enjoy?

And I guess what I am trying to say is Why shouldn't you do what you enjoy?
In my opinion there is no reason out there that is good enough to stop you living your dream.

Now I know as you all read it you will be thinking of what ifs... but what if this and what if that? Stuff the what ifs! What if the Earth got taken over by aliens and we all had to live under their rules? Then you would be thinking what if I had lived my dream till now. What would've happened if I had?

The truth is, life is full of scary situations where you will try to think of the future and tell yourself what is going to happen. But you don't really know what your thinking is true. I discovered my biggest fear in the world is not accomplishing what I want in life... and looking back and regretting things. I don't want to regret a thing and I don't want to look back when I am 70 and think.. I wonder what my life would have been like if I had done what I wanted. I want to look back and know I followed my heart with every decision I made and I did what truly made me happy.

If you really are struggling with some sort of decision, whether it be something like starting a blog or Youtube or making a massive career choice... please do what makes you happy. At the end of the day there will always be people out there that will try to knock you down and not appreciate what you do... but most of the time it is jealousy because they haven't had the guts to go out there and accomplish what you have. Its your life and you only get one so make sure you enjoy it! Disregard any negativity and always focus on the positive.

When I went to my brothers graduation the guest speaker told us all - "We all have a different idea of what success is. Some say it is managing the richest company in the world and others say success is having a happy and healthy family. Make sure you go out there and aim for what you feel is successful".

I want to challenge you all to step outside of your comfort zone. Make May 2015 your month and get your positive pants pulled up! Whether you make your first steps to your success or you achieve it, I want you to let me know how your doing it. Post the things that have made you feel better in the day and don't let anyone knock you back! Say yes to things you would normally say no to... and enjoy yourself.

Shoot for the stars and eventually you will land on one!

Lots of Love
Bethany Louise xx

P.S
I am challenging myself to post everyday on my blog for the entire of May. I feel so much better for getting myself out there and starting the journey to my success.



No comments:

Post a Comment