Monday 11 May 2015

Asthma Attacks

Hi Everyone,

I don't think any of you know this, but I suffer with bad asthma and today really reminded me of how bad it can be! 

I had an asthma attack at work which started with an intense tightening in my chest, plenty of coughing but most of all a sharp pain in my lung, every time I gasped for air. Normally my inhaler calms it and I can recover and crack on, but I couldn't. I was sat crying at my desk unsure of what to do. I don't like making a fuss and I like to get through things on my own so I kept my head down... Thank goodness a colleague saw what was happening and helped calm me down! 

Once I snapped out of the attack I left work and phoned the doctor to make an emergency appointment, as I knew my chest hadn't felt right for days and this was the icing on the cake. I spent the afternoon on a nebuliser, which if you've never had one before, could be really scary and I have been given steroid tablets to take.

What I want to say is ... If you suffer with asthma and at any point your chest feels worse than normal, and your preventative and alleviator inhaler are not working, go to the doctors! You are not wasting anyones time by doing this but you could save your life! Even if it's just a twinge get it checked! Don't be scared of a nebuliser, it won't hurt, it really helps breathing become easier as your lungs open up! I mean it can't be that bad if I took a selfie ;) excuse the appalling makeup I had been crying after all!

Sorry for such a dramatic post, I just really want everyone out there with asthma to know, I understand what your going through and if you feel different just be careful and get it checked! If you need me I am also here! 

Till tomorrow my lovelies!
BethanyLouise xx

No comments:

Post a Comment