Friday 22 May 2015

Bullying And What To Do

Hi everyone,

I have been thinking about writing this post for the past week or so, but I wanted to make sure I planned it properly so it's as helpful as it possibly can be.

As some of you know (and some of you may not know), I was badly bullied throughout school. During this period of time I didn't speak to anyone. Not even my parents and I had some very terrible thoughts of not wanting to live my life anymore. I couldn't understand why it was happening to me but I knew I wanted it to stop.

A lot of people told me when I was being bullied that it was a normal part of growing up. It isn't. You do not have to sit there and let people hurt you, whether it is verbally or physically, you don't have to let it happen and you can stop it. You will stop it.

The main thing I can say to anyone out there in this dreadful situation is do not feel like you are alone! There are so many different people you can talk to about this, your parents, teachers, friends, colleagues or even helplines that are designed to let you explain your situation. You have to tell someone about it, even if you feel like it's a really small thing, it will help you. If it makes your confidence low or makes you feel like utter crap then it's worth it. You wouldn't have a cough for a long time and not go to the doctor to get it checked would you? If it affects you it needs dealing with.

If you feel like the person you have told isn't listening to you then tell them again. If they still aren't go to someone else. You are not being a pain and don't ever think that you are, these matters will only get worse if they are left unsolved. You need to combat the problem. The person/people who are attacking you need to be made aware of what they are doing. You would be surprised at how many people don't know they are being mean or hurtful. You are helping them as well as yourself.

I found that writing a diary really helped me through. I would write a daily journal about what had happened to me and how it made me feel. I also wrote what I wanted to do about it. This helped me express my feelings but it also lifted a lot of weight off my shoulders because I had got my problems off my chest. I also used to write letters to my parents and tell them what was going on. I was too scared to speak to them face to face, so I would write it down and hand it to them.

If you are being bullied please tell someone. I want you to go away from this post and explain your situation to someone you trust. Even if you have to write it down in a letter for them just do it. Believe me it is the best help you can get!

Don't let them get you down. You are a person who deserves to do what you dream to do. Surround yourself with your family and friends and make yourself feel happy. Don't let anyone stop you from being you!

I completely understand what you're going through and I am sure so many others will relate. If you want to find out more about bullying in the UK then click the link below:
http://www.bullying.co.uk/general-advice/

Stay strong and keep going, because it is worth it when you come out of the otherside :)

Love
BethanyLouise xx

No comments:

Post a Comment