Wednesday 6 May 2015

Smashbox Always Sharp Lipliner Review

Hi Everyone,

How is everybody getting on today? I hope your still challenging yourself and making May your month! :)

I thought I would review Smashboxs always sharp lipliner today as I have been wearing it more and more recently.

Firstly the packaging is great... it is simple but effective! I find the silver writing stands off the violet background, ensuring you can see the name and twist instruction well. The lid has an inbuilt sharpener. When you twist the lid past its tightest, and you hear a little click, the pencil is sharpened to a point. I do love this feature, as when I am out and about I can still have a sharp lip pencil, however it has its drawbacks. Sometimes I twist the lid too far by accident and then I feel like I have wasted some pencil but you can't have it all.


The colour of this product is true to its name. Violet. I find the colour really rich and deep. It makes the perfect statement lippy! I also find the product really creamy to apply even though it is matte. I never find my lips are dry with it. I find it lasts all morning on me and then I have to top it up when I have eaten, which is great for me as I am always drinking water and coffee. Below you can see a swatch of it on my hand.





All in all I really do love this product. I do use it as a full lip colour and shade my lips in with it as well, I just can't seem to find a lipstick this colour! Below you can see a photo of it worn as a statement lipstick with my glasses. This is my usual look for work :)


I hope you have liked this review. I haven't been using this product for a long time but I just wanted to share my current thoughts with you :)

Remember to let me know in the comments how your May is going, and if you have any questions or requests pop them in there too.

Love
Bethany Louise xx

No comments:

Post a Comment