Wednesday 13 May 2015

L'Oreal Paris True Match Foundation Review

Hi everyone,

I hope you're all doing well today! I was looking through my previous posts and noticed a review I did over 6 months ago on Macs Matchmaster foundation, and thought it best to tell you all.... I do not love that foundation anymore!

I bought L'oreal true match liquid foundation and powder about 3 months ago to try, after hearing rave reviews from Lauren Curtis (an australian youtuber), and I fell in love instantly.

I have to say I am a bit OCD with foundations, in that I have to have the same brand of powder as liquid... I don't know how I got into this little habit, but I have never ever broken it! So when I was looking through the different shades of True Match the foundation, I picked up True Match the powder. The packaging for both these products is very straight forward. The liquid is in a glass bottle with the brand name in silver, true match written in white and then all the other forms of information in black. The powder comes in a compact and the writing is laid out exactly the same. I like that they are consistent with the layout and colours as it makes it easy to spot the products that are in the same line (I hope that makes sense).


The Liquid Foundation
I absolutely love the consistency of this product. It does seem really watery compared to Mac, but like the packaging says it is blendable and improves the appearance of the skin! I use 2 pumps of this on a morning and that covers all forms of redness, spots and gives me a flawless base. It doesn't have a  horrible perfumed scent (like Mac) which is a massive bonus! I find this product is definitely buildable for day and night, without it looking cakey. I always pump my foundation on to the top of a mirror/metal surface instead of putting it onto the back of my hand, this is because the product absorbs into the skin on the hand and I find I have to use more of it.



The Powder
I really like this powder, and I feel it compliments the liquid well. It sets my foundation base with ease and leaves my skin feeling silky smooth and looking matte. I find when I have used this my foundation lasts all day with no white patches. If I am suffering from a cold/hayfever my nose area can look a little red, but it seems that L'Oreal have thought of this issue... the powder comes with a little sponge and mirror underneath, so if I need to top up I can! I always buy a shade lighter in the powder as I fake tan, and as my tan fades I like my face to fade with it.



I have had the liquid and powder for nearly 3 months now and I am only just running out. I have bought backups, (they're what I used for the photographs), so if one morning I can't scrounge anymore out I won't have to go without. The liquid foundation retails at £9.99 in the UK and the powder retails at £8.19. I think this is a really affordable foundation duo and at the moment you can get a 3rd product free, as Boots have got 3 for 2 on L'Oreal products.

So my lovelies go grab yourself a little treat and let me know what you think? Have you tried it, if so what did you like/dislike?

Love
BethanyLouise xx

P.S - I really want to have little icons on my blog directing you to my Instagram, Youtube and Twitter but I don't know how to get them so I have popped the links below for you :)


No comments:

Post a Comment