Thursday 14 May 2015

Nivea Skincare Review

Hi Everyone!

For many years now I have suffered with really bad dry skin on my cheeks, forehead and around my mouth, but my nose and chin area is where I suffer with oiliness and spots.  I have never understand how one part of your face can be so different to another and up until last year, how to keep it all under control.

I tried all sorts of different remedies to dry out my spots, like putting toothpaste on them or putting Sudacrem on them… they didn’t work. Then I tried different face washes and exfoliants ranging from Dermalogica, Clinique, and Elizabeth Arden. Still I was suffering with dryness and spots. Nothing was working and I was getting so frustrated with everything that I took a break from makeup for a while…. And again that solved nothing.

I was wondering through Boots with my mum one day and I saw that Nivea face wash and exfoliant was on buy one get one half price, and then I remembered seeing an article on the internet about Nivea VS Crème De La Mer and Nivea had come up trumps.  I suggested going halves with my mum and without sounding corny… we have never looked back!

The Face Wash Gel         RRP £3.89 UK
This face wash comes out in a gel like consistency (really like shower gel) but lathers up pretty well. I just take a teaspoon amount on my fingers, add a drop of water, rub my hands together and then rub all over a damp face. It removes all impurities and makeup (even night out makeup!) and leaves the skin feeling refreshed afterwards.  It contains Vitamin E & Hydra IQ which leaves your skin feeling enriched with moisture. The packaging is pretty simple and minimal but I wouldn’t expect anything else with it being so affordable. I do like that you can see how much product is left though!


The Gentle Exfoliating Scrub    RRP £3.99 UK  
The exfoliant feels very much like the gel but with little exfoliating balls in it. I love a good scrub to use 3 times a week and I love to feel it removing all the excess skin, it just makes me feel so much cleaner and like it’s actually doing something. I normally follow my face wash with this scrub, again I use a teaspoon sized amount and rub around a slightly damp face (avoiding the eye area) and focusing on areas that have broken out.  Again the packaging isn’t much to write home about but it is so affordable and I love that you can see how much is left in it.


Nivea Crème     £3.99 in Boots
After I have cleansed and exfoliated I use this very thick moisturiser. I only use it once a day, on a night.  I don’t use a lot either, just a dab on the chin, nose, cheeks and forehead and then massage in. I have to say I love it. It reminds me of a face mask but without having the hassle of washing it off 10 minutes later and I wake up in the morning with a glowing complexion that isn’t too oily. My skin looks and feels hydrated. Since using this as my night cream I haven’t had to prime my face for foundation, I can just go ahead and slap it on. It’s brilliant. I have had this 200ml tub for 6 months and it looks like I have barely touched it!




I can honestly say that these 3 products have turned my nightmare skin into something I could only dream for before. I am no longer dry on my cheeks, forehead and around my mouth and strangely enough I am no longer oily on my nose or chin.

I would highly recommend trying these products out. They are so affordable and are highly nourishing. They're available from major supermarkets, Boots, Superdrug and pharmacies.

I really hope you have enjoyed this review!

Till tomorrow my lovelies!
Bethany Louise x

No comments:

Post a Comment